Wishing You A Peaceful Holiday

Wishing You A Peaceful Holiday

Thursday, December 20, 2012

Setting Boundaries During The Holidays



By Catherine Greenleaf


The holiday times roll in, and suddenly it's so easy for me to overextend myself. Parties with co-workers, lunches with friends, get-togethers with relatives -- it all seems like so much fun in the beginning. Then I look at the calendar in bewilderment, noting that I don't have an evening to myself for two solid weeks!

It happens to all of us, but for suicide-loss survivors, there may be a tendency to overload to avoid the pain of spending the holidays without a loved one.

Know that you can always cancel. You don't have to be Superwoman or Superman during this most tender of times. I have learned I can say "yes." I can also say "no." I can even say "maybe," "I changed my mind," or "can I get back
to you?"

Setting boundaries and limits helps me enjoy the holidays!

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete